Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trigg17

MIS
Sep 21, 2004
US
Backup runs fine. Verify is causing this error, a00084ca - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

Found errors in App Log of event viewer. #34113(Backup job failed with the following error: The data being read from the media is inconsistent.) and #57612 (A format inconsistency was encountered during a tape read operation on Device "Seagate 1".).

Also running Win2K Server with Veritas 9.1.

Installed Travan driver instaed of Veritas driver. Seems to be working.

Trigg

Hi Techs,

I Installed SP 4 Yesterday On My Win 2000 Back Up Server And Today The Back Up Failed.It Failed During Verification.
The Error Is a00084ca HEX.
The Data Being Read From The Media Is Inconsistent.

I HAve Read Trigg17's Solution.What Is A Travan Driver?

Thank You For Your Time.

Travan is the type of tape technology used by the Seagate DAT drives so this is a hardware driver for the tpae drive. Any idea's where to download this from ?? I've searched travan.com but can't find any drivers.

Does anyone know where to find these ??

Jon

I too am having media format inconsistency errors. What is a Travan driver? Does it work with an adaptec card? We are using adaptec 29160 cards with the latest driver from adaptec (which is older than the driver supplied by Novell, but that driver seems to result in server abends). Please advise, I support 17 offices and I am seeing this error when trying to restore from tapes (no error is shown when the original backup is run so all looks normal. However running a verify with the backup shows the error).

We are getting the exact same error on a customers site, appears to have only started in the last few weeks and we cannot put it down to anything changing on the server. It is always files within the Exchange store but not the same files every single night. I have found lots of posts on various forums / websites with people having same issue but no resolution.

Any one out there with any advice then it would be appreciated.

Regards
Debbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back