Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a0008488 - Access is denied!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

godzuki

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
GB
I am trying to restore an individual mailbox using BE9.1.

I get the following message : a0008488 - Access is denied.

Any ideas?

What type of account is Backup Exec Job Engine service running as? Does that account have access to where you are trying to restore the file?

-SQLBill

The BE Job Engine is started with a profile named BackupExec which is part of the Administrators group. Both BE and Exchange are on the same server. Hope this helps.

Is that mailbox in use?

Have you viewed the Job Log for the failed job?

Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer Logs for any related messages?

-SQLBill

The mailbox had been deleted so it can't be in use. The event viewer just has an entry similar to the error message in BackupExec. Can you tell me which username the password field in tools/options/exchange applies to ?

Nope, can't do....but only because I don't backup EXCHANGE...so I have no clue.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Have you solved this problem yet? I'm having exactly the same problem. I have successfully done mailbox restores before with BE 9.1 whether the mailbox was there or not or even logged into by the user during the restore or not. If you found a solution, please let me know. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back