Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A whole mess of questions for new call center

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptObvious26

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2013
US
Recently setup a new call center. 4 active lines at the moment, 3 more to be added later. They are all softphones running on Windows 7. They have their own separate internet/phone connections. The extensions are all ranged together 1650 to 1657. 1650 is a hunt group that has the other 7 extensions in it. incoming calls are sent to a vector that plays a announcement letting the caller know they are being recorded for training purposes, then goes to the hunt group extension 1650.

Here are my questions.
1) if the announcement is playing for a caller, will it cause a delay for another caller coming to that vector?
2) if all the lines are busy, how could I cover to a voicemail box to let callers know the lines are busy?
3) is this the best setup, or is there a better way to do this.

1) No
2) Assuming you mean if all agents are busy go to voicemail? In the vector insert a line: goto step XX if avaialable-agents in skill ## = 0

Step XX should be: messaging skill ## for extension ##### where ## is your voicemail hunt group and ##### is the extension of the voice mailbox you want to have the caller leave the message.

3) Yes/No it depends on what the business wants. Instead of sending them off to voicemail, you could have them wait in queue indefinitely, or for X amount of time, or give them an option to wait or leave a message.

- Stinney
"Scire ubi aliquid invenire possis, ea demum maxima pars eruditionis est"

"To know where to find anything is, after all, the greatest part of education"

Stinney, I think that's what I need to do. Also, they're not setup as "agents" they're just extensions. Right now we're having this issue.

Operators were transferring calls to the call center sometimes 2 or 3 at a time. We had 4 calls in 17 seconds, for a 4 person call center. Right now we have the operators looking at their sidecars where I have busy-ind for the 4 extensions at the call center. If all four are lit, they're to keep the calls local. A new problem has come from that, the busy-ind only shows if the line is active, not if the call center employee is logged out. I'm thinking that we need to setup a queue. The Queue would have to play some music or something ... not just dead air. Could we queue for a given time, then voicemail if the queue gets too deep?

yes, you can do all this.

setup agents via add agent xxx <== xxx is agent ID

on agent setup page, set auto answer to station if you want agents to press button to answer or ACD if you want call to just go to them when they are in autoin also group type to EAD-MIA (expert agent distribution - Most idle agent) or LOA (Least occupied agent), also if licencing restricts u to use EAD you can use UCD (uniform call distribution) with MIA or LOA then set ACD, Queue and Vector to Yes

for vectors and VDNs, please look at attached zip file, it has following guides;

How can I use a vector for redirecting calls during an emergency or holiday.doc
How can I use announcements to help callers who are in queue in a hunt.doc
How can I write a vector to redirect a call to a queue.doc
How do I add a vector directory number.doc
How do I add an announcement extension.doc
How do I record an announcement.doc
Setting up hunt groups.doc
Using a vector to play an announcement.doc
What is a call center.doc
Writing a vector to send calls to a queue.doc
Writing a vector to voice mail.doc
Writing time of day vectors.doc

Regards,
Kaleem
=======================
Do not seek knowledge for four aims:
1: Self-glorification in front of people of knowledge
2: Quarreling with the ignorant
3: Showing off in gatherings of people
4: Attracting attention of people in order to secure an office of authority
Hazrat ALI

add agent isn't one of my commands. Is there something else I need to turn on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back