Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a weird non stop beep sound 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchez83

Technical User
Feb 4, 2004
US
HI
ALL I HAVE A QUESTION CONCERNING ON MY PERSONAL DESKTOP I HAVE A DESKTOP AT HOME AND FOR SOME STRANGE REASON WHEN I TURN ON THE PC LAST TIME I USE IT THE PC DID NOT BOOT UP THE PC TURN ON BUT NOTHING WAS WORKING ALL ITS GIVING ME ITS A BEEPING NOISE THAT JUST WONT STOP ITS THERE ANYONE DAT CAN LET ME KNOW WHAT ARE THE POSIBLE CHOICES THAT CAN BE WRONG WITH THE PC SO I CAN CHECK AND INSTALL ANY NEW HARDWARE

Umm... lets see here... constant beep I believe is RAM. Check your RAM to make sure they are all placed in solid. Also check to make sure you video card is in properly. I believe it is one of those two problems.

iSeriesCodePoet
iSeries Programmer/Lawson Software Administrator
[pc2]
See my progress to converting to linux.

HMM THANK'S ALOT IMA CHECK UP ON IT AND SEE IF THAT CAN POSIBLE BE BUT TO BE HONEST I MIGHT THIS IT COULD BE THE VID CARD.. BUT THANK'S iSeriesCodePoet

Sanchez83: Your capslock key is stuck, please check your keyboard.

An overheat condition caused by a video card or main memory overheating, or the chipset, or the CPU may cause things like this. Although the cpu overheating will normally result in the PC slowing down.

If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

cool i check those out but a stuck key its def not the prob i would notice that up

or it could be a bad keyboard pin simulating a stuck key. keyboard plugs seem to be easiest to get damaged. A hairline crack in a pin not quite broken yet had me stumped for days once.

hi all,
I check for the vid card and the ram but nothing.
this sound its like an alarm that dont stop just keep's going and going any.Now the stuck key thats not the problem if any one have anything i can check please let me know thank's all

Sanchez,
Is it a steady high pitch sound or does it go up and down like a siren?

Yes mainegeek, actually it is like a siren a key board it's not the prob. its soemthing internal but dont know what it is i guess the posiblities could be the ram or the vid card so ima need to actually replace them all new. to see but is theres somehting i can know that could be somehting else help would be good thank's

Your mobo has thermal protection and your cpu fan may have slowed down or failed causing the temp to reach or exceed the upper limit set in the bios. Or the fan rpm's may have slowed causing that limit to be reached or both. Take the side of the case and inspect the cpu fan.

Sachez83:

mainegeek gave you some good advise. Whats up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back