Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a .WDB file keeps crashing my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trebax

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
GB
Hi please can someone help...

I have a file which ends in the extension .wdb I think this is a works database file. However, whenever i try and open it with ms works it crashes my computer?!? - I get the warning this is read only then I get the blue screen of death. Then I have to reset.

Can someone please help me open this file. Is there anyway I can open it with another programme i.e. ms Excel.??

Any help would be very greatful.

Thanks, but I have tried Access and with no luck. It just says that this file can not be opened with Access. The same happens when I try and open it with Excel.

Any other suggestions?

Try this.

Start>Search>For Files or Folders. Type in .wdb in the Search for Files or Folders named box. Look in Local hard drive C,D? what ever your drive letter is. Click on Search Now. When the search is over you should have some .wdb files listed.

Now right click on a file and click, Open Containing Folder you will find the file high lighted in a list of files right click and click on Properties. See if the Read-Only box is checked. Check all the .wdb files in this manner. In properties you might be able to find out what this File is being used for.

Hope this helps, let us know.

spool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back