Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A way to search through all objects in a class library

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomLeMes

MIS
Mar 19, 2004
GB
Hi,

I have a rather large class library and somewhere hidden inside it, there is an object that contains code to turn the set the cursor off (e.g. SET CURSOR OFF). Is there a way that I can avoid going into each an every object in turn and doing a search until I find the code? I'm thinking perhaps there is a way to search through the code for all objects in a class library?

Sorry gang, think I just answered this one - just opened the .VCT file in notepad and that seems to show me everything.

Check out faq184-4392 and see if you can adjust it to your need. Make sure to see other FAQs by ramani in 'Microsoft: VFP -General Coding Issues' forum, too - you may find something similar to what you need.

You can use the vcx file as a table and then search the memo field Methods.

Regards,
Jim

Cool! What a useful thing! Now how long has everyone known about this??? Why didn't anyone tell me?! ;)

Looking at how handy this is, I'm guessing I look pretty silly for never having seen it before, but finding the answer makes it worth the embarrasment of asking. Thanks,

Tom

Now how long has everyone known about this???

Apparently, not long enough for me to have it in my VFP6. I believe, it was introduced in VFP8.

Mike,

Unfortunately, it's not all up to me. I do what I can to promote VFP9, and, as a result, we were promised already it will happen one day soon. But that happy day haven't come yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back