Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A unique paging request 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy2

Vendor
Aug 31, 2005
US
Paging phones----got it
Page overhead---easy
Page both simultaneously----no problem

However, sending a radio call from a Police dispatcher to phones in the IP Office??????. I’m stumped!

A police station currently has an NEC system and is changing to an IP Office. They currently have the ability to listen to radio calls made from their dispatcher via the speakers of their telephones. It appears that the radio signal is connected to an NEC trunk port that is assigned as background music. Whenever the dispatcher transmits on that radio channel, the call is transmitted to the phones as background music. HMMMMMMMM.

Anyone know how I can do this in an IP Office?

we work for stars any time :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Well, if I ever have to do something this weird, I know what to do without burning a single calorie.
Stars for the gentlemen [smile]

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

If he didn't say the NEC can do it I would have said no, but no way a NEC has more features as a Avaya...

The key system feature of listening to the MoH is something the IPO can't do, or any real PXB I might add (I hope I am right , LOL) but I also never heard of a customer with an Option 11 or an Aura wanting their employees to listen to the radio via the phones that is strictly a key system thing.
Nevertheless I wouldn't mind having the option in the IPO :) as many customer that have Nortel systems and upgrade ask for it

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I do recall back in the early 90's we had radio playing on the phones.
That was before mp3 came along and everyone got some sort of player for X-mas.

I thought you could listen to the MoH for 45 sec(ish), before it hangs up?
Haven't tested that in a long time.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back