Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ towards MCSA still ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslick

Technical User
Jul 23, 2008
US
Does anyone know if the A+ certification can still be used towards MCSA?

To receive an elective credit toward the MCSA certification, candidates must earn the CompTIA A+ credential and either the CompTIA Network+ credential or the CompTIA Server+ credential. Alternatively, candidates can earn the CompTIA Security+ credential.

Are you planning to do MCSE?

I am busy with A+ and N+ as electives for MCSE. . .rather go for N+ combined with either Security+ or Server+ as electives. If you have experience I would suggest you skip A+. It is not a requirement for MCSE, but they do recommend you take it. . .

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, 10onrussel, but neither Network+ nor A+ will count as electives towards the MCSE. Combined they do fulfill an elective for the MCSA though. The only CompTIA cert that counts towards the MCSE is the Security+.

Details are here:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back