Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a starting point please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am still reasonably new to access but learning rapidly. I just need a starting point to solve a problem. I have a large database sorted by product group, product sub-group, individual product. Now the problem is another program uses this database to print pricing info from it. When it does the Name of the product is inverted (the above mentioned sorting method), it shold actually read the reverse.

Can I automate the resorting so that the name will be reassembled to read properly, ignoring the instances where there may not be a sub-group, etc.

I just need some general pointers to get me started. Thanks

Jimmy5001

I assume that your database is a MS Jet ( Access ) DB. If this is the case, create a query which provides the correct view of the data for the other program and alter the other program to access the query rather than the table.

Peter Caine
caibo@wwdb.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back