Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a sound problem that only flash experts can answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherRun

Technical User
May 18, 2004
US
Hey out there;

well everyone seems to be ignoring this so I thought i'd ask it again...

I'm still not right on what to do on this sound issue for my broadband project.. When i publish my movies the VO quality goes in the ditch.
So, in the library I go to settings, pick 'speech' as the compression at 44khz, test it, sounds good, publish it, sounds bad.

So i go to publish settings box and here's where i'm not sure what to do next.

Default settings seem to be mp3 16kbps mono. From the books it seems a better setting is 128kbps at 'best'. I do that and the sound qulity goes back to the prepublishing level- great!

But here's my question.

The default settings only talk about Audio stream and Audio Event, seemingly to treat an mp3 song and a speech track the same, where as in the library, i could set the song at one setting and speech at another...

Right below those settings is a box that says "Override sound settings". If i check that box will it KEEP the sound settings I established in the library?

Or is this nothing to worry about?

Finally, Should i set settings higher than 128?

thanks
Hoss

Hoss,

The best way is to override the sound settings. This will keep your presets from design. Also make sure that when you publish that you maintain your quality level.

One reason default is set so low is because sound files are a huge bandwidth hog. Needless to say, the better it sounds the longer it takes to load.

- Spyd3r

Thanks much for answering Spyd3r. Can I ask you for a clarification- okay i understand about checking the box to override the sound settings and thus keep my library settings. i.e - one setting for music, one for speech, ect.

But then right after that you say "Also make sure that when you publish that you maintain your quality level"...
But if i set the quality level in the library and then check the override settings box, shouldn't that cover all the bases?

Thanks
Hoss

yeah it should i'm just one of those make sure types ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back