Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sedawk

Programmer
Feb 5, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a simple question in VC++ I don't understand though it doesn't affect its functions:

usually when I move my mouse over a function,a popup hint will hang over the function displaying where it comes from or class, etc. Then I can press F1 to look into it.

But the question is: sometimes even I move my mouse over the function I know it is from VC++(not my created function) the popup doesn't show. The only workaround is after I press F1 then I realise it may be in other created files.

Does anyone know why?

There are plenty of bugs in VC++, especially with these sort of features. Usually, when you use the . or -> operators, VC++ gives you a dropdown box with the class members. Sometimes, it just stops doing that until you restart VC++. It sounds like another Micro$oft bug.

if you make a syntax error before the line you stop you wont get a hint popup
Read between the lines

A similar "problem" occurs when there are a number of related (i.e. library) projects sharing a single workspace.

While working on one project, it's easy to be looking at files in one of the other projects. But, VC++ usually doesn't know how to cross-reference between files in different projects.

This may not be the issue, but I thought I'd mention it just in case...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back