Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a simple question worth 5 stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikeThisName

Vendor
May 16, 2002
US
maybe a simple question but.. we are stuck, the five of us want to create a splash screen. i want it to do animation then go to a webpage and self exit. can some one please tell me how to self exit at the end of my clip. without having to hit a button thanks

if i read the question correctly then in the last frame of the movie have

getURL("javascript:window.close();")

or maybe

getURL("javascript:self.close();")

Might be a little more to that than what "Component-Instructor-Bill" posted. In fact, a bit hard to say with the little info you provided!
Maybe a simple getURL (maybe from within the movie clip?) with "_self" as second parameter, calling up the web page, would do the trick, as opposed to closing (with a warning!), the browser window.

Regards,

cubalibre2.gif

Bacon, eggs and sunshine are still good for me!

try this at the end of the movie, add this at the last frame
getURL('main.html','_parent')

best regards
ping292

i'm sorry i should have specified. wow, looking back at my post, i can't believe i forgot to include this:

the flash is from a standalone executable and not a web page.

i wanted to create a splash screen that either loads a web page or another application actually like ms access.

im having a hard time making it self exit. would i use the fscommand? some way to kill the executable?

fscommand("quit");

closes the flash player

I learned a bit yesterday, today i learned a lot, imagine what i'll learn tomorrow!

okay, what iam loking to do is play a movie clip
when the clip has reached its end i want to:
open up an msaccess database
and exit the projector.

and can i use the fscommand to open up msaccess i searched macromedia help couldnot find anything that addresses this.

I've tried unsuccessfully

fscommand ( "exec", "mydb.mdb")

where do i put the code: fscommand("quit")

so that quits without the user having to press anything or rollover anything.

any help much appreciated

getURL("mydb.mdb")

opens the database but first prompts user if they want to indeed open it. is there anyway around this?

Or if anyone knows how i could use getURL or fscommand to run a batch file, much appreciated.

something like...
"msaccess C:\program files\mydb
mydb.mdb"

you could try the lpflashex functions, they have some good commands for offline flash movies.

lpflashex.com

I learned a bit yesterday, today i learned a lot, imagine what i'll learn tomorrow!

Perhaps you've got this all sorted by now (and if so I'd like to hear the details). I'm currently trying to do similar things except it's not a splash screen which kicks things off, so I don't want to close it at the end.

I'm running an app kicked off from the flash movie but the best I've been able to do is to run a batch file, eg. fscommand ( "exec", "doit.bat"). It seems the fscommand is very restrictive and at least the batch file allows me to most of what I want.

The problem is that there's then this batch window open until the app it starts exits!

I've had a look at LPflashEX but just can't get it to do anything. I don't know what it's supposed to do and following the 'documentation' leaves me at a loss (for example, it says, "press the blue button" and there isn't one!).

im at a loss to.

the lpflash i found confusing. if anyone had a sample flash app they could email me at ryan.temporary@cox.net that would be grand.

i learn best by examples, as i think most of us do here.

the reason i posted here was to spice up my database app's icon and launch, its not vital but i'd love to learn how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back