Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Simple Question About ADB Cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteWeedon

Technical User
Dec 29, 2002
GB
What's a good way to extend the ADB cable when the tower-cased Mac is on the floor under the desk and the keyboard, mouse and monitor are on the top of the desk?

I've never seen either an extension ADB cable or a back-to-back socket to connect two cables end-to-end, do they exist?

(I hasten to add that I do know how to make such a back-to-back socket and have the necessary skill with the smouldering iron.) It's just interesting to know how other folks approach the problem.

Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - you haven't seen the latest Change Note!

ADB extensions do exist, we sell them. As S-Video cables and ADB cables are identical, see if someone in your area carries S-Video extension cables. Also I have carried the inline connectors to join two ADB cables together, but haven't recently had much call for those. They are still available from suppliers.

Les Gray

Thank you, Les.

Best regards,

Pete W.

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs - you haven't seen the latest Change Note!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back