Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A simple pause button for multiple levels?Can anyone do this? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandgate

Technical User
Dec 21, 2007
US
Hey out there;

I have a 'movie' that has mutiple levels.

Level 1 has, say, 5 short movies linked by buttons - read one, press button, read the next.

Meanwhile on Level 2 I have a soundtrack playing (this soundtrack can trade places with other soundtracks on level 2 depending on how many pages you have to read.

Meanwhile on Level 3 I have a looping thunderstorm.

The whole thing could last 30 minutes. 5 minutes in i need to take a piss...

Does anyone know of a simple pause button setup that says freeze every level in its place till i get back?

This seems to be very difficult, and i can't seem to find a flash guy in the tri-state area- NY - that can do this. Has anyone on this forum ever done this? Does anyone know of a tutorial? Does anyone know why adobe makes things so damn difficult to get things done?

Any help would be a great help.
Hoss

I want to say yes, but i'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking. My knowledge is very limited in flash. I don't have a URL for file uploads. If there is an email add. I can send my stencil FLAs to...

In case it helps here's a description of how I’ve got it all set up.

INDEX file leads off. ( I use the index file as a container to load all files into and out of)
On index file is a trigger to load MUSIC file to level 2.
On music file is a trigger to load OPENING file to level 1
On opening file is a trigger on internal frame 1 to load LOOPING RAIN.

I think on a couple of files there is a level 4 SFX.

Level 1’s are relatively short movies that trade in and out, based on when the reader presses the green button to advance to next movie.
Level 2 music – could have say 5 MP3s all lined up – self trigger one after the other by internal frame loadmovie triggers from the level 1 movies.
Level 3 loopingrain just loops till I unload it, same as an level 4 SFxs.

I had a free lancer to try and create a pause button. He did a level 2 pause button, cashed my checks and never told me how to implement it into my other 400 movies. I tried cutting and pasting it in, and changing names where needed. I could get the pause button to stop everything but when I hit it to start everything back up… level 1 would play, BUT level 2 music never came back on. If you would like me to send that let me know.

Thank you for giving it all a look though.

Hoss

Thank you oldN. You've offered your help many a times to me in the past on this project. It's a kindness, that feels a bit rare nowadays.

Hoss

Need an answer, not something vague, but something concrete... contact Old Newbie.
hoss
the deadbooks project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back