Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A script that checks and then corrects if wrong DNS entry info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

c7oi

Technical User
Jul 13, 2005
US
I all,
I am new in scripting and don't know where to began. Can someone help me get started on how to write a script that checks and then corrects if wrong DNS entry? or show me the path or direction where to get started. I really appreciate this.

. . . and how is this script supposed to know if the entry is wrong? Perhaps you need to further explain what you are trying to accomplish.

A script that checks and then corrects if wrong, the DNS entry information on the servers. I have a 2 new static DNS (10.128.12.57 & 10.128.12.58) on all my new servers but some of the old servers still have the old DNS servers address.

Windows 2000 and 2003 Server

Check this out:

It says Client-Side Networking but it should accomplish the task.

I'm working on something similar. Just checking the settings for now. I'm still working on changing them when I get into the comfort zone.

## Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Lorenzo Wacondo (System Administrator)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back