Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A safe way to change Normal.DOT????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThornPCC

Programmer
Jan 6, 2000
US
Is there a safe way to change the normal template? I need to import text into word and have it use Arial 11. I changed the Plain Text style to Arial 11, but my word would keep locking up.<br>
<br>
<p>Phil<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Most of us go through life not knowing what we want, but feeling damned sure that this isn't it.<br>

That's some other problem (unfortunately I couldn't even guess what.) Simply changing default fonts in normal.dot is perfectly safe. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Jeff,<br>
<br>
Thanks. I noticed that it didn't give me as much of a problem as before. That SR-2 release 1, really screwed up my system. I had to boot to DOS, delete out all dll's, vxd's and exe's in both the windows and system directories. I also deleted most of Office 97 to be safe.<br>
<br>
Everything is working fine. I decided to 'Risk' trying to change the font for the Plain Text style. It worked without a hitch.<br>
<br>
<p>Phil<br><a href=mailto: > </a><br><a href= > </a><br>Most of us go through life not knowing what we want, but feeling damned sure that this isn't it.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back