Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A required privilege is not held by the client

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvmv

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
ES
Hi,

when I try to do a direct recover from the server of backup, fails recover with the following error:
A required privilege is not held by the client.

Direct recover: Client_Legato to Client_Legato.

The account that run services of Legato is a domain administrator with a privilege of Act as Part of the Operating System, Backup Files and Directories, Create a Token Object, Manage Auditing and Security Log, and Restore Files and Directories.

When I change the account that run services of Legato for SYSTEM account the restore run ok, but I need run the services with account domain administrator.

What privilege and policies must have the account run the service of Legato?

Thank you.

I guess you are using NW 7.x In this case the destination client must have the privilege "remote access all clients". If not, he cannot access another client's data.

By default each NW client can only recover its own data.

Hi 605,

The problem is the account that run services, when the account is userlegato (Domain Admin) the directed recover fails with error:

A required privilege is not held by the client.

And when the account is Local System the directed recover run ok.

I have a Legato server v7.1.2 (Windows) and one client v7.1.2 (Windows), two servers run the services of Legato whith account userlegato (Domain Admin).

In remote access of Legato server: *@client_legato.
In remote access of client Legato: *@legato_server.

I run the networker user from Legato server and select direct recover: source client and destination the same client.

When I run the recover fail.

Thank you.

NW has its own security system which may confuse you.

The issue is with the User Group resource. By default, you can either be a NW Administrator (who has all rights) and a NW "standard" User (who can only recover his data).

So the easiest way to overcome the problem is to make your user a NW Administrator. Of course, if you use a NW Admin account, it should also work.

Hi 605,

I run the program networker user in the Legato Server , and this machine are in NW administrator group(administrator@Legato_Server).

I need to know that permissions must have the user
what start the services of Networker.

These are two different issues:

- You shall install NW as local Administrator.
By doing this, the users of the NW Administrators User Groups will be configured for all local administrators "administrators@legato_servers".
If you has only "administrator@..." then you must login as the local administrator (not as a user who has admin rights) to benefit from the privileges.

- Starting the NW services is done by the user LocalSystem, which you can verify from the services setup.
This makes sense as nobody must login to start the services (to activate the NW software).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back