Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A report that finctions as a daily schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffery74

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
I am attempting to create a report that will give daily concert production schedules. I currently have a single form for each performance we put on. On the form there are fields for load-in day, load-in time, load-out day, load-out time, rehearsal day, rehearsal time, performance day and performance time.

On the report, I would like each page to show a week with one column for each day of the week (no problem). However, I would like each day divided into morning, afternoon and evening with each activity appearing on the correct portion of the page. Therefore if the only thing that happens on Monday is a Tony Bennett performance at 8PM, the text "8PM Tony Bennett Concert" should appear at the bottom (or near the bottom) of Monday's column. It is likely that each portion of the day will actually have several activities to be listed (8PM Concert, next line 10:30PM Load-out). It seems to me this should be possible, but I have not yet had a revelation. There is some flexibility in format and I'm comfortable with SQL or VBA. Any thoughts?

I would think you would need to create the group in your query. Something like this

MyGroup:IIf([TimeField]<#12:00:00 PM#,&quot;Morning&quot;,IIf([TimeField] < #5:00:00 PM#,&quot;Afternoon&quot;,&quot;Evening&quot;))

This should put each activity in it's own group. Then use myGroup to group in you report.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back