Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A/R Aged Trial Balance with Options 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

r2p2s3

Technical User
Nov 14, 2003
CA
We recently upgraded to GP SP4a on Version 8 inorder to accommodate SQL 2005.
Since the upgrade we have experienced excessive wait times for generation of this report, excessive being 45 minutes and more.
This wait time is being experienced on both our remote Citrix as well as local users.

Where I might start troubleshooting.

Thx

Is the wait the same if you print it to the screen? What about if you print it on the server?

one last thing:
I suppose you are talking about SP4 for GP8... why not upgrade to SP5?

Daren J. Lahey
Programmer Analyst
FAQ183-874 contains Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers to your questions.

Why not upgrade to v9.0 SP2? And be on the latest and greatest.

Note there are no more Service Packs for v8.0 after SP5.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Micorosoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Will this correct my issue or is this just 'another Band-Aid'?

I guess that before anyone can tell you for sure that it will solve your issue or not, it's easier for us to make sure you have the latest service pack first and then get into the details of your problem.

I had an annoying little error that went away with SP5 for GP8.

Slowlyness of a procedure can depend on many factors. One suggestion I have is to turn on your performance monitor on your SQL server and look what is happening...

best wishes!

Daren J. Lahey
Programmer Analyst
FAQ183-874 contains Suggestions for Getting Quick and Appropriate Answers to your questions.

Printing taking a long time can be caused by many things. It could be the GP code, it could be something in SQL, it could be the printer itself, it could be the printer driver, it could be the print server, it could be the network, it could be that particular report (is it modified?), etc. Is the time to print the report the same if you do it directly on the server? What if you print to the screen first, not the printer? Is it just this one report, or does everything seem slower?

How many pages is the report? How many customers do you have? What options are you choosing? All of these may help give us an idea if your report should be taking a long time, although I don't think I have never seen an AR trial balance take that long to print.... Also, what server specs, what printer(s)?

It's hard to identify the problem with just the info that you've given, that's why I am throwing all these questions out. The bottom line is that it probably shouldn't be taking that long.

Hope some of these questions help point you in the right direction, if not, let us know the answers, maybe we can help narrow it down for you.

Victoria
Flexible Solutions, Inc.

We had a similar situation, and after much research, we hit on an issue with our ODBC connection. While it was set to use TCP/IP, it appeared that it was actually using named pipes. We set it to named pipes, then back to TCP/IP, and our problem went away.

Under SQL 2005, there is a new ODBC driver, and if you are on the old driver, that could be a problem.

We just loaded SP5 in December and it was a very stable Service Pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back