Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Question on the HP Laser Jet 4550N?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dringer

MIS
Jul 16, 2003
US
Basically I want to set up the printer to print as landscape. So when I go into printing preferences and then click on the BASICS tab, I change to landscape. Then on the top of that window is an option for QUICK SETS, I try to save this new set but the save button is disabled and next to it there is an exclamation mark, when clicked it gives a message box saying: This feature is not available because you do not have permission to save system settings to this computer.
Please Help
Regards
D

Kind regards Pysj`n

thanks, but I have tried that.
Any more ideas

Try to set this up from the application you print from and not in the driver on the client.

Thank you again. But there is no print setup option on the application being used.
Any more ideas

Do you have something called "NTForms" in the drivers properties?
Try to hit the clear all button and see if that helps.

Kind regards Pysj`n

Thanks once more. But still no joy. I cleared the ntforms, but i am still having the same problem.
Any more ideas
Regards
D

Is this printer installed on a server and then shared out to your computer?
If that is so, you need to save those quicksets on the server itself.

Kind regards Pysj`n

I went into the server and changed the driver that the printer was using, the new driver allows you to change between landscape etc...
Thanks for your help
regards
d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back