Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A question I can't noodle out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasonic

IS-IT--Management
Jan 11, 2013
US
Hi all. I have a user that sent me an e-mail and I don't know enough about GP to really understand her question or to help her find an answer. I'm coming to this great user community hoping you all can help me. Here's what she's said/asked:

"I wish to know if I have a vendor number for one division and the class ID to another will the Posting GL be off for the vendor number. The Expense GL and the incorrect Class Id are for the same division and the checks cleared correctly for the GL in the Class Id. However the Vendor number GL is off this dollar amount and I was wondering if the vendor number and the Class ID is connected somehow. The vendor number I’m referring is XXXXXXXX."

Any thoughts?

this... doesn't make much sense. the class ID basically assigns the defaults to any subledger transaction involving the vendor that it's attached to. however, those defaults can be overridden, so the class ID doesn't necessarily determine where in the GL that transaction hit. I'm not sure what she is referencing when she says "Vendor Number GL" though.

I agree with MBresnan, I have re-read the question a few times and I do not understand what the user is asking. I think there is terminology being used that is specific to your GP setup that cannot be answered generically. You may need to have your user work with your GP Partner on this, so they can see what the user is asking in a remote session.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back