Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a question for the veterans amongst us

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzzieGeorge

Programmer
Jan 14, 2005
AU
I have a customer with an SDS (a hotel with no pressure to change) the problem I have is that they have an auto attendant that transferrs incoming calls to a phone, which due to staff cutbacks, is frequently unmanned. I have tried to set a call forward no answer to the reception desk but it appears that a transferred call will not follow the CFNA so it reverts back to the VM and gets a generic message!

Is this a system limitation or am I missing something?

I'm not sure what the SDS system equates to in the US NEC market, but..
1. do all of the extensions involved have mail boxes? AV systems require them for auto attendant.
2. Break it down. Can a station transfer to the forwarded station blind or await ans? Get the VM/AA out of the picture to see where it is failing.
3. does it work with CFNA? sometimes CFA with trunking gets hung up with timers. If so, then you may be able to use CFNA with a very short timer.

Sorry should have elaborated.

SDS was the forerunner to your IVS and the successor to the 12 series.

I have taken the auto attendant out of the picture, a blind transferred call to a station with call forward no answer does not follow the call forward but times out and returns to the transferring station. However a did or an internal call does follow the call forward no answer. I have checked and the CFNA timer is set to less than the recall timer!

how about
08>062 is it a 1 to allow trfer before the call is answered?
08>185 is it a 1 to allow transferring station to hangup?
08>187 1 to allow effect on transfer when stn doesnt answer?

Billz66

Wouldn't these also affect the manually transfered calls and did calls?

Make sure that the following timers are set properly. Remember one is for station to station, one is for trunk to station and the last is for multiple forwards after the second forward. I always set all three to the same value.
EX: 410>01,15,46>04.
As a last resort, open up a CMD manual and scroll through all of CMD 08. Make sure that anything NOT in the book is set to a "1". There are many things in CMD 08 that are not published but do have an effect.

the did call is not a transfer , and yes it would affect the manually transferred call , but you have said that

"a blind transferred call to a station with call forward no answer does not follow the call forward but times out and returns to the transferring station."

that means that the transfer is not following the fwd but is being recalled to the transferring station

I would check CM08 specificly 187 and make sure it is a 1.

187 is: Recall priority over Call Forwarding and 0 sets Recall higher.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back