Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A question about smart codes and hunt groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

scifan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2018
US
I have a number of sites/schools, and one site currently has a hunt group that calls a number of phones as kind of an emergency quick call.

Because I'm working within a solution for all of the sites, I'm fairly certain I cannot create that same extension at other sites - I haven't tried, but figured this wouldn't be allowed. Is there any ability to setup a short code for say 7777 and have that point to a hunt group extension? Or is there a better method I should leverage that would be easily extended for each site?

Can you explain your setup a bit more please,
Do you have an IPO500 at each site? or 1 IPO500 with remote IP phones?

Calum M
ACSS

CMUK,

I have a Core/Central site with a 500v2 and two IPO servers, and I have 24 remote sites/schools with a 500v2 at each building, and around 1,800 phones.

The Core/Central site 500v2 has 3 PRI's connected - no SIP trunks.
Users/Phones are configured for each site, and connect to the local 500v2 and fail over to the primary IPO server.
There's SCN lines configured for each remote site - one to the Core/Central site 500v2, one to the primary IPO server, and one for the secondary IPO server.
Phones are primarily E129's with some 9608's and 9620's. The sites are interconnected with a combination of owned and leased single mode fiber at 10GB.

A few prior conversations have led me to believe that this may be a non-standard deployment model. Note that we were running 11.0.4 SP1, and are now on 11.0.4 SP2.

Derfloh,

That seems like what I'm thinking I may want to achieve. If I were to create a short code as the main dialed number, that would restrict calls into that hunt group to the local site/500v2 correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back