Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A/P VENDOR PURCHASES ANALYSIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

newworld51

Technical User
Apr 17, 2002
US
I HAVE 2 COMPANIES USING MAS90.

On one of them, I get no data for PTD & YTD when running the Vendor Purchase Analysis Report, but I get prior year data.
The other company is ok.

Any help?
Alan

It sounds like somebody inadvertaintly did a year-end on the one company. The data presented on this report is taken from "buckets" in the vendor masterfile.. here's how it works:

when MAS90 posts (updates) an invoice, it adds the invoice amount to the ptd, ytd, or future buckets for that vendor. When a period/year end is done, these buckets are cleared/moved as necessary. The report just takes the information stored by vendor and dumps it to the printer--nothing special. It does not run through the vendor's open/historical invoices to gather and print the information. There is no std facility to reset those numbers. A MAS90 master developer should be able to write a program to recompile the information if it is truly vital. The other option would be to try and write a custom crystal report to gather the open/historical a/p invoice information and then print out the results.
Hope this helps!
-Chris

Alan,

I had the same problem. Chris laid out the basics; however, my problem arose because the year-end processing for GL had NOT been performed at last year's year end. The GL current period was still set at Dec 2001, so everything for 2002 was going into that Prior Year bucket. This was true for Purchases YTD, and for Sales YTD on the Customer side.

My fix was to run a Crystal report (I had my reseller build the report, though I was *this* close to having it done myself) to find the correct Prior Year and YTD numbers. Once you have those numbers, you can manually enter them in to the Vendor Maintenance History screen.

Good luck,
Mark

Hello,

New here but have a similar situation with my Customer Sales Analysis and Vendor Purchase analysis. I do have YTD figures for both reports, however, no data for the PTD entry. Our period-end is the last day of the month and the YTD numbers only grow after the PE Processing, is there something that we're missing to get the PTD figures accurately reported? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time,

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back