Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ or Network+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreyts

Technical User
Feb 7, 2005
IL
Hey Guys,
I see that most of you already have both of this two very important certification.
So i am wondering , which one i need to take first?
I finished CCNP on last week and feel that i can go for more , KNOWLEDGE ITS A GREAT POWER !!!!!

So, i am need your advice , which one to learn first and how ? Maybe you have some tips for me :)
How exactly A+ works ( i heard that i need to take 2 exam and for network+ only one ).
There is any connection between them , or maybe i need to go first for A+ and after that for Network+, or the order doesnt metter?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Andrey
CCNA

I did mine Net+ first, then A+. Mostly because I wanted to get Net+ out of the way before they changed the test (and thereby make my books less viable).

Which if you've done CCNA, Net+ may be a faster way to get the certs done. Especially if you hit Net+ without much time passing. Take practice exams, read free guides and gauge your level.

A+ will be changing it's test soon to 1 test (instead of 2). There are tons of guides out there for it now, and previously CompTia gave a 6 month grace period to obtain the 2nd exam.

So up to you - personally I'd do net+ first if I were you, but maybe just take practice exams to see where your at currently and decide from there.

Good luck!

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"

Stuart
A+, Net+, Security+

I'm with schase. I say go for the Net+ first and then A+ after they figure out what they are going to do with the exam.

Go to and download exam objectives and look over the FAQs to answer any questions you may have. It is a good idea to become familiar with the CompTIA site, as they are the Source and make the rules. Good luck.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CSS,CFOS/T,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Thank You Guys,
I will go for Net+ First :)

Best Regards,

Andrey
CCNA,CCNP

In your situation, I agree with the others, Net + the A+ also if you pass Net + then the A+ will be nothing

Take practice test

Good Luck

Jim

andreyts,

I did CCNA, CCDA and then Net + (because company paid for Net +)

Just remember when taking the Net + - THIS IS NOT A CISCO EXAM - after the CCNA and CCDA I kept looking for more in the Net + questions - making them harder then they are since I was used to reading Cisco questions.

Once you get that settled you should have no trouble with Net +

Good luck and do it soon while all the networking from CCNA is straight in your head!

Just my thoughts!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back