Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Open MotherBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigNipper

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
GB
Need a little advice im looking to upgrade my work maching to a p3 gig on an A Open AX3S motherboard. Everytime ive tried so far the pc just wont boot i cant even get into my bios settings i downloaded the new bios v1.23 but still i cant get it going any suggestions will be gratefully recieved

Are you getting a display?
Are the fans and lights working?

What memory are you trying to use?
Tell us about the rest of your system?
What else have you tried?

When was the last time you saw it boot? Tell us as much info. as possible.
Cindy

Thanks for your suggestions. Still no luck, i have tried flushing cmos and several different sets of ram. I have stripped the system right down to its bare-bones. All i can get is power running into the system a repeating beep from the internal speacker the power light flashes and the hard starts to boot. Then i get to the open boot screen and the system hangs at the point where i can choose weatherto run set up or not? Im using the on-board graphics i have tred a couple of agp and pci cards but i can tget any further?. Any more suggestions will be gretfully recieved. Tried a different motherboard and still no luck! could it be the processor as this is the only component i havent tried to change as i havent got a spare one LOL. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back