Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a new column in cross tab report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhhealth

Programmer
Jul 1, 2004
US
crystal version8.

Hi I want to create a sales report in cross tab format.

Jan feb MAR ... total
qty amt qty amt qty amt
Item1 120 1200 20 200
Item2 1 1 2 2
customera 121 1201 22 202
Item3
Item1
Item5
customerb

in each month what is the total qty of the item sold, total cost in that month (qty*unitprice)..

using cross tab i was able to
create row 1- by item
row 2- by customer
column -invoice date (by month)
summarised field will have total qty shipped..

currently i have

Jan feb MAR ... total

Item1 120 20
Item2 1 1
customera 121 22

summarised field here is qty shipped..
I have no Idea where to include the formula amount ,
as a row,column, as a summarised field..???

thanks,

Create a formula {@amt}:

{table.qty}*{table.unitprice}

Then use {@amt} as a summary field in your crosstab. However, in CR 8.0 the summaries will be presented vertically, not horizontally.

As an aside, I would think that you would want customer as the first row field, with the items they order nested within, i.e., with item as the second row field.

-LB

Thank you for the suggestion..

But now,
1. how do we label these rows 1) as qty and 2) as amount??
2. Can we have more than one chart in one report?? Right now I have a chart with qty ,invoicemonth
now i want a chart based on amt,invoicemonth..

thanks,

Create a formula:

whilereadingrecords;
"Quantity" + chr(13) + "Amount"

Add this as a third row field in your crosstab. Then go to the customize style tab and select your first row field and check "Suppress subtotals". Repeat for your second row field.

Yes, you can have a different crosstab (if that's what you meant by "chart") or two different charts (graphs) in the same report. Add another report header (or report footer) section and place the new crosstab or chart there.

-LB

<quote>
Add this as a third row field in your crosstab. Then go to the customize style tab and select your first row field and check "Suppress subtotals".
</quote>

when I do this, I cannot see the item number for which it displays the values I am able to see only
Qty 12
amount12
qty 13
amount 13..

so I tried

<code>
whilereadingrecords;
table.item+ chr(13) +"Qty" + chr(13) + "amt"
</code>

but the output is all messy.

2)actually I meant, using the crosstab I am unable to create
a new chart in the same report, (report header b section )the chart I already created is modifying instead of creating a new chart.
thanks,

also the "suppress label" check box under supress subtotal
is disabled..

I'm guessing you need to uncheck "Indent row labels" in the customize tab. I have tested my suggestion and it works here.

As to your second question, the crosstab has nothing to do with any graphs you may be creating. When you insert the second chart (graph), it might be appearing on top of the original one, so try grabbing it and moving it to another section.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back