Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A need some direction on a graphic manipulation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruzer

Programmer
Jun 16, 2000
US
Has anyone ever written a program that manipulates a graphic image using Java?&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there a API within Java that does such things as adding a frame, changing the colors, emboss, annotation of text to in image, etc.?<br><br>I've been using ImageMagick and the information is limited on the 'How to' of things.<br><br>Thanks <p>Dano<br><a href=mailto:dskryzer@hotmail.com>dskryzer@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>What's your major malfunction

Dano,<br><br>The Graphics class supplies the framework for mainipulating graphics in Java. I guess it's well named eh?<br><br>There are other classes that support and add functionality including 3rd party code. I don't know if you will find things like 'emboss' easily.<br><br>To get the bare bones SDK go to:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> luck<br>-pete

<A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> HREF=" TARGET="_new"> out this guys applets, the huerot.html it basically takes an image and rotates the color balance in the picture.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you email him he might tell you how he did it, or you just find a java decompiler :)<br><br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

I was looking over this post again and i really didn't answer your question, their are very many classes that deal with the manipulation of images.&nbsp;&nbsp;The most basic one is Image.&nbsp;&nbsp;Others include <br>BufferedImage <br>BufferedImageFilter <br>BufferedImageOp&nbsp;&nbsp;<br>java.awt.Image java.awt.image.BufferedImage etc..&nbsp;&nbsp;To see what each class does you will need the api documentation.&nbsp;&nbsp;Go to suns's website at java.sun.com and just follow the links for the documentation for api.<br>To do stuff with the graphics class you can either use a jpanel or an applet.&nbsp;&nbsp;an applet will probably be the simplest way to go.&nbsp;&nbsp;i can't expain everything on how to do it but take a look at my website.&nbsp;&nbsp;I put up the source for the interface i used and i have also put up almost all my applets from class at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> you want to see an actual application using this class, look at, i think proj6 or 7.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you have something really specific you can email me, i enjoy solving problems :)<br>good luck<br><br>&nbsp;<br> <p>moses<br><a href=mailto:tmoses@iname.com>tmoses@iname.com</a><br><a href= my site</a><br>"In the beginning there was HTML, and it was good"<br>
by Nick Heinle, Designing with JavaScript<br>
<br>
<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back