Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A member with key '' was found in the fact table but was not found in 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

venetianjigsaw

Programmer
Mar 25, 2005
US
I am running both SQL Svr 2000 SP4 and SQL Svr 2000 Analysis Svs SP4. After the initial setup, I saved and ran a full process, all data displays fine. However, a month later, I rec'd a call from the client stating they're not able to refresh their data in the pivot table and after further review of the data cube I find the following error message: A member with key '' was found in the fact table but was not found in the level '' of the dimension ''.;

I have had this happen before and created new, shared dimensions. However, that appears to only be a short term fix for long term problem.

Has anyone rec'd this error before, and if so, do you know how to rectify?

Thanks

Yes, this quite a known issue. To be honest, I never took time to get to the bottom and I just went for the brute force method. After reloading the monthly data in the underlying database I simply went for a complete reprocessing of the database. This was a definite cure for the message that you receive.

Ties Blom

If you will, please elaborate on the "complete reprocessing of the db". What did you do? Did you create a whole new cube, change any data fields in the db, etc? I am at somewhat of a loss.

Thanks blom0344!!!

what can cause this over time is not reprocessing or incremental processing of your dimensions. If a new dimension member is built into the dim table and the dim in the cube isn't processed at this point the Dimension won't contain the value but on processing the fact table there will be facts with that key.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Is there a way to automate the Incremental Process or is it a manual process? Is it located in DTS or in Analysis Server?

Thanks

there are DTS objcts that will allow you to do this. you can write a custom app to do it utilizing the DSO objects.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

If you will, please elaborate on the "complete reprocessing of the db". What did you do? Did you create a whole new cube, change any data fields in the db, etc? I am at somewhat of a loss.

In Analysis Services just rightclick on the right database and choose 'Process database' (or something similar)
I no longer work with the company where I've worked with cubes, so I cannot check.

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back