Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a little help with input tf's & rendering as html

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoknows361

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
Hello.
I have an input text field on the first frame, instance name firsttext, where user can input text. the submit button goes has the following AS:

on (press) {
_root.hello = _root.firsttext.text;
_root.gotoAndStop(2);
}

On the second frame there is another input text field, instance name mytext. On the actions level on this second frame there is:

stop();
_root.mytext.text = _root.hello;

So at this point whatever is entered into the first input textbox on frame 1 - transfers to second input textbox on frame 2.
Now, this textbox on frame 2, instance name mytext, has the render as HTML button clicked & is multilined. I have a button on this second frame which has the following AS:

on (press) {
textstring = "<font face=\"Arial\">" + _root.mytext.text + "</font>";
_root.mytext.text = textstring;
trace(textstring);

}

What I am trying to do is take what was entered in the first input box & then transferred to the second input box & be able to change the font, but the textbox simply outputs what I entered such as:
<font face="Arial">tester</font>

It is not rendering the html. I have tried changing the above code & using "_root.hello" instead of "_root.mytext.text" but that does the same thing.

I need both input fields as I want users to be able to edit the content on the second frame if they want. any suggestions? THanks for your help.

Jonathan

Code:
_root.mytext.[highlight]htmlText[/highlight] = textstring;

Hope it helps.

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back