Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A+ Hardware Test Tip 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

edluke

MIS
Jul 5, 2001
US
Make sure you are familiar with the parts of the motherboard. Be sure you know where everything is by looking at a drawing of a motherboard.
The graphics they use on the test are very poor. They use line drawings instead of actual photos of a motherboard.
Make sure you know where everything is in reference to other components.

Good Luck

I agree with these sentiments. On the Network+ exam, what could have been nice clear photos (its 2002 for gods sake!) was actually some very ordinary line drawings.

Also considering the cost of these exams vs microsoft's, I would expect a bit more.

Good call, somebody star that guy! CJ
- Jr. Rocket Man

Excellent advice. I failed the H/W once already and I know for a fact it was because I wasn't prepared for those graphics. I am studying them now. I was wondering if you know of any decent web sites with graphics and questions as to where different components of a motherboard are located.

Yes, I agree the graphic are not good. Didn't the test people hear of a scanner, to scan some photos for the tests. I failed the hardware test only beause of the graphic, no idea of what they are trying to point to. Does any one have a site I could go to for some graphic help on motherboards. MTRMENSA

I just passed the Hardware exam and the graphics were poor. I only had 2 questions with graphics though. Also some of the questions can be pretty vague in terms of what they are asking. The best way to combat this is to work backwards. What I mean by this is to take the answers that you definitely know are wrong and narrow it down from there. Having not taken an adaptive exam before, I wasn't too sure what to expect. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be though.

Thanks a BIG HELP. MTRMENSA

Glister, your motherboard example is excellent and a great asset to anyone studying the A+ exam.

You get a star for good work.

thanks

-Chris

Know your IRQ's Richard Butler MCP A+
Network/Communications Engineer III
UIHC Telecommunication Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back