Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Forwarding Question... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustShady

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2003
US
We are currently moving people from one floor to the other within the company. Floor 8 uses DNs in the 4000 range and floor 9 uses DNs in the 6000 range.

If I move Joe (ext 4040) to the 9th floor (extension 6429), how can I forward his VM messages to his new extension? At least for awhile until outside callers learn his new extension.

Thanks for your help,

JustShady

either out the set or nul all appearences of 4040.

then ld 23
new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw xxxx (your voice mail dn)

then dial 4040 and his mail answers.. i usually recogmend the call going to a voice mail box that does not take msgs. with a zero out of the new dn.. the msg can say, this is joe my number changed the new number is 6429, to reach me press 0... leave that on for 30 days and delete the mb.. if you allow msgs, jow will not get a light without another work around

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thank you John Poole for another great lesson. Works like a charm.

JustShady

John,

When I set up the new ACD, the extension 4040 would ring thru to the new extension 6429 and would be answered by the VM account at 6429. I assume it is because I deleted all other appearances of 4040 including the CP VM account.

This is okay though, I like the way this works.

Thanks again,

JustShady

give yourself the rest of the week off shady..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back