Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A float problem..... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadruddin

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
GB
OK. My site sheffieldtrauma.com (thanks for the help in FF) is now firing on many cylinders, but not on IE6.
What's happening has to do, I think, with clearing a float container.
On this page there's an elegant solution,

the one labelled (d), which I think I've implemented, on index.html and trauma.html, but while it always worked, and still does, in IE7, in IE6, I still get this:

Which isn't what I had in mind at all.....

I must admit I don't really understand this float stuff, so any help would be greatfully received.

S

I don't have IE6 here right now, but you should try adding clear: left; to the styles of #menu2. That would probably help with keeping it where you want it to be.

PS I do wish it was possible to have IE6 and IE7 on the same machine.
I know it isn't, and I suppose why, but I wish it was.

:(

I will, when I get home. Only got IE7 at work.

S

It's actually quite easy to have multiple IE versions on one machine - try this:
Steam Engine Prints

OK.

After what feels like ages setting up a virtual PC and installing multipleies (thanks for that, great, now all they have to do is port it to Vista!), I now have it working.

clear:left; worked fine, after I created another div for the index page.

All seems nice, now, except that the second line, the #menu2 div, floats lower in IE5 and IE5.5. I'm not too worried about that, since I've not has a visitor to the site below IE6 this year.

So, thanks for al the help, guys.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back