Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A few questions- Partner ACS rel. 6 to rel. 8 or another solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorcalPhoneandCable

Programmer
Jul 13, 2009
First off Im an Avaya nub.
Customer wants 4-5 cordless phones for employees that are on the move tru out the building. Requires caller ID and basic functions. I picked up the 3910 to try out. He liked but it broke down in 2 days and the cost is inflated.
So I picked up a couple analog cordless phones and hooked them to aux ports on there desk phones. Works great- no caller ID

From reading in this wonderful forum I discovered I can upgrade him from rel. 6 to rel. 8 and get caller ID on analog devices. I tried to get info on Avaya's website and basically wasted four hours.

Q-where can I get or download a copy of PC administration for rel 6. to use with the remote access pc card.
I have read that there are issues when using windows 7. Any advice?

Q-Can the release 8 be purchased online and downloaded?

Q-is there another solution to achieve caller id with an IP office switch? They are looking to switch from pots lines to VOIP.

Thank you in advance for your help

i believe Rel 8 would be a different processor altogether.

Yes, R8 would not be a firmware upgrade, but a processor replacement.

Personally, since the ACS is manufacture discontinued, and there is a possibility that your customer would go with a PRI or SIP trunks, I'd go with IP Office and digital phone sets. The single line ports will provide CID to the phones.

Hey guys thanks for the heads up. I'm not familiar with IP Office. Would you be able to recommend a cheaper solution for a max of 6 users?

Well for six or ten users I don't think anyone is going to need a PRI. So upgrading to version 8 would be more practical. If you check out sites like metrolinedirect.com you can get good pricing and warranty to boot!

....JIM....

At this time....the 5x9 processor (esp the R8) is hard to find and dealers who have any sell them for premium prices (in refurbished condition).

Metroline has no R8s in stock per their website. They do list R7s, but the selling price is high.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back