Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A feedback form in a Notes mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

susheel777

Programmer
Apr 28, 2003
SG
Hi all.. How can I put in a user feedback form in my Notes mail? What I had in mind was to put in something at the end of my mail whereby the recipient can just click on a button to both "grade" the usefulness of my note as well as automatically send a reply to me. Thanks in advance.

Hi!

That should be easy to do: just add a button to the "memo" form that does this.

You have to think about several things however:

If the recipient does not use the same modified design for his mailbox then he will not see your button.
You can include the design in your form, but that will increase the message size enormously. (see later for workaround).

A second consideration is mail that goes outside to non- Lotus Notes users. Here the button will not work at all.

The 2 issues can be solved at the same time by not modifying the design, but to create a "Stationary" in your mailbox and define the button once in your body-field.
You then create the memo using the stationary only when you want to include the functionality!

Your button will have to produce a prompt that asks for the "score" and then composes a new memo in the background with the result and send this to you. Tis is basic programming that is covered in the Notes designer help.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Dominik Malfait
dominik@amazingit.com

Great idea! In my case, this will not go out to non-Notes users so I'm pretty ok on that point. Actually, I have seen this kind of "feedback" section using option buttons too. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back