Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A fatl exception OE ocurred

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMPO

Technical User
Jan 2, 2003
US
Sometimes when I turn in the computer a fatal exception ocurred at 017F:BFF8976B message is display follow with another message of close of ignore to continue windows but the system always freeze out. Windows 98 SE, Anthlon XP 2100+. A ny ideas how can I resolve this situation.

I have seen problems like this before and it usually relates to PC hardware. I'm guessing this only happens on startup if the PC has been left turned off for awhile. What I have seen is that once the PC warms up a bit, this problem goes away. In this case, something is not quite making the full connection it needs to work correctly. Once the PC warms up, the connection returns to normal due to expansion from the heat. You could try reseating (take out & put back in) the cards/RAM/CPU in the PC to see if this helps. It's a start anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back