Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A Fatal Exception OE...0028:c00071D5

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentSmith

Technical User
Oct 8, 2000
US
B-)
I've been getting an BSD. Saying "A Fatal Exeption OE has occurred at 0028:C00071D5 in VXD VMM(01) + 000061D5". It seems to occur whenever it wants (in screensavors, games, on the web, wherever). I tried moving mem around. Reinstalling windows! Nothing works!
Jasons Forum seems to be AMD Only! Argh! What to do?
Please help.
My Specs are
P-3 600 Slot 1
1x64Mb 1x128Mb pc-100 sdram
Elsa Erazor III TNT2 Ultra
BCM/GVC GT693VA Mainboard
Win 98

Help Please!

[sig][/sig]

Hi,
I am having the same problem. I have just upgraded my M/B, CPU, HDD, and memory.

FAULT when trying to get into the game into works and also the menu screens of most games but when I try and launch the game I get "a fatal exception has occured at 0028:C00071D5 in VXD VMM(01) + 000061D5"

I now have a Intel PIII 800EB
128 MB 133 RAM
1 X 30 GB UDMA 66
1 X 36 GB U/W SCSI
Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS 32MB of RAM.
QDI Advanced 9 M/B

Can someone help me with this problem. I have just built the system with WIN98SE for the second time from scratch. I can play some 1 game but not others.

Thanks Clarke Wardle

GATEKEEPER: Just a thought, check all your jumpers and bios settings for your CPU voltage and everything, sometimes things can get pretty confusing when yur lukin at the Jumpers. And dont rule out faulty Memory.
AGENTSMITH: Just out of curiousity, what bus speed does your processor run at, is it 133mhz? If so, try usin pc133 ram, I dont know if that'd fix the problem or not but its worth throwin out there at ya.

I know its a little late but heres why yo get these fatal exeptions with your system. The mainboard isn't compatible with the cpu. More specifically, The GT693 VA mainboard will not support CPU's operating a 256k cache set. It only supports cpus with a 128k or 512k cache.The is no patch or fix as this problem is related to the chipsets found on this board.

Hi,
I am having a problem.

I get a fault when trying to get into the game into works and also the menu screens of most games but when I try and launch the game I get "a fatal exception has occured at 0028:C00071D5 in VXD VMM(01) + 000061D5"

I have an Intel PIII 800
128 MB 133 RAM
Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 32MB of RAM.

Can someone help me with this problem.

Thanks Tim Hargreaves

It was my memory. Got some new stuff and the BSOD's went away. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back