Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A/D & D/A conversion via wireless. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhallett

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
I manage the telephone needs for a 55 acre property. A building where I have an IDF is going to be demolished. The lines at the IDF are normally used for short term events. Rather than taking on the expense of relocating the existing feeder cable (and probably splicing additional cable on to reach the next nearest location for an IDF). I'm wondering if there's a solution where we could have a wireless transceiver (that would convert the telephone signal) in a central location and use small, portable transceivers (that would reconvert the telephone signal) at the event trailers/tents.

My system (an Opt 71) is NOT VoIP capable so I don't think that WiFi is an option.

Does anyone know of options that I might look into?

Regards,
Harry
"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson

nortel made a box for home use. it did a basic dial in then enabled a digital set at home... it's been 10 years and voice over killed the app but look in that direction... i would price fiber to the new area and add a remote cab.. any solution is going to add to the budget... fiber remote or even a carrier remote might get your cost per ext down

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back