Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A crazy request from a client:

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegates

Technical User
May 24, 2007
US
Having trouble figuring this one out:

Have a client that wants three extensions(DID) for himself:

1. Personal
2. Business
3. Board

On one phone, he wants to be able to see any call come in on any phone, be able to answer the call as well.

How would I set this up on one phone?

Any help would be appreciated:

PCS3035

depend on what trunk(s) they have give him a phone and enough dss buttons
on there program the line buttons like a keysystem
you can also do it with bridged appearance buttons

for the other to points
make two groups

1 for business (name it business)
2 call it board

only put his phone in the groups
then make those groups the destination in the incoming call route

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

tlpeter is right on here.

you will need to turn on call waiting for the group's so that calls actually ring an open appearance if he is on the phone.

you may also want to add a group button for each group so you can see calls waiting as well.

the only other question would be, does he want a different extension/DID to be shown when dialing out from each "extension"?

That would require bridged appearances to be programmed and used for outbound calls and that would mean you couldn't use the group method.

I think the bridged appearances will only work if there is a phone plugged into the port. I have not tried in a while but that is how it used to be. I have customers with phones plugged into the system in the closet just to get the appearances to work.

Thanks for the tips gentleman. I'll try it tomorrow. I'll probably try the bridged appearance because I'm sure he'll want to see all call coming in from each phone DID

PCS3035

The only option here is bridge appearance, for acheiving what you want do the following:

1) On extension 3 make a bridge appearance of 1 and 2.
2) On extension 2 make a bridge appearance of 3 and 4.
3) On extension 1 make a bridge appearance of 2 and 3.

This way you will be able to see and handle the call from any called extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back