Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a continuous popup form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanking

Programmer
Sep 8, 2005
hello,

I have a form that is based on a dynamically created recordset.
I want to make this form a popup and modal. When I select modal, everything is fine.

when I make the form popup, it will only display one record in the detail section, but there is a scroll bar that lets you cycle through the records. No error is generated.

Is there a way to have a modal popup form that is continuous?

I'd rather be surfing

In my version of Access (2000) popup and modal is possible. Could some other factor be interfering?

popup and modal being together are not the problem, the problem is that when I set the form to popup it is no longer continuous, it only displays one record. When the form is just modal it works fine(displays as continuous). I am looking to create a form that is modal, popup, and continuous.

is this possible?

I'd rather be surfing

Same answer, I afraid. I tested with a continuous form. Do you have the same problem with a scratch continuous form?

sorry,

what do you mean by "scratch continuous form"?

I'd rather be surfing

i just found out that if I set the boarder style to sizable I can resise the form to include all records, so all records are being displayed, but the form is setting the default height of the detail area to the exact height of only one record.

Is there are way to dynamically set the size of the detail area when opening a form?

I'd rather be surfing

figured it out,

Code:
        Forms!frmResidentialStatusError.Form.SetFocus
        ''twips are a unit of measurment / 1 inch = 1440 twips
        '' 1 cm = 0.3937 inches
        '' cm * 0.3937 * 1440 = twips
        '' 9.7 is the default form size to start increasing from
        iTwip = (9.7 + (rsStatus.RecordCount * 0.608)) * 0.3937 * 1440
        DoCmd.MoveSize , , , iTwip

i found that forms are measuered by vba in units called twips, which are 1440 to an inch. So i converted the defualt hieght of my form to twips, multiplied the defualt height of the detail by the number of recs and added it to the total height of the form. Then i set the focus to the form and used the "movesize" command to adjest accordingly.

I'd rather be surfing

thanks remou,

i gave you a star for the info in this thread (moveSize) thread702-1433592 got me going in the right direction

I'd rather be surfing

Have you tried making the continuous form a subform of another form (no data set) and setting that form as popup and modal?

There is a holiday star for you for solving the problem, jordanking :)

I have this same sort of thing based on a query. It works just fine for me. On the Properties sheet set your pop up to yes, and make sure that your form view is continous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back