Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A, B or G together

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinetype

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2002
US
Hello,

Is it possible to have a,b or g together? Say if I have a b and a g in the same room will this decrease the transmission rate or any other adverse side effects? Do they operate on different frequencies? I would appericiate a description of why. Thanks.

SLM

A 5.8 Ghz
B 2.4 Ghz
G 2.4 Ghz

A should not conflict with B or G I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

As jimbopalmer said above, A will not conflict with B or G.

B and G will conflict with eachother if they are the same channel.. set them a couple channels apart and you will have no problem. Although I see no reason why you would want B and G in the same room.. An 802.11g access point can handle both B and G clients, therefore eliminating your need for a B access point.

Thanks that is what I was looking for.

LloydSev, that is what my plan is. I wanted to put as many protocols in the same room as is possible (for compatibilty in a hotspot)

I am going to use spunik's community gateway

Thanks again,

SLM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back