Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a application messed up me XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2006
US
My system Win XP PRO, SCSI and everything is setup correct and working until yesterday at nightwhen I've run by mistake a windows activation aplication on the system while i was logged on, which aclt. is one of those cracks to bypass windows activation.

I know that this is something to laugh about since im a tech. u can call it D*** User error.

Now everytime I start the system some error msg comes up, telling me actl. that there is a fatal windows error. and i can't terminat or debug the application. either way nothing is working.

Since it was not a virus or anything like this I thought there is a way to reverse this action. The restore funtion is one but my keyboard was USB and it always hangs up after it comes to the safe mode screen, so and what I know is to use a PS/2 in order to get to the F8 part.

is there anything else/ or other way to do?

I suppose it might help if you could post the exact error message.

Have you tried System Restore from Safe Mode, or does the "crack" uninstaller (if it has one) work from Safe Mode?

How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

An easy to follow recovery console description when unable to start computer due to corrupt registry.

That is a layman's version of Q307545 in simple language.

If they don't work you could try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Now all I have to work out is what "actl." means?

i wasnot able to get in safemode on my system BUT i used my ERD 2005 disk and it helped me to restore the sys to a earlier point.. and huuii it worked just fine ... but thanks for the help und ur time guys ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back