Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

_doPostBack 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabaz2000

IS-IT--Management
Feb 24, 2006
IE
Hi,
I was just wondering if it is possible to pass in a href in the eventarg section of the _doPostBack function so as to reload the page again with a different set of data.
e.g
current page is :

I click on a button on the webpage and it calls the doPostBack javascript function.
_doPostBack(buttonId,
and the page will now load with the new date.

When you say "pass in a href", do you mean "pass in the URL of the current document"?

If so, pass "window.location.href". If not, can you explain what you do mean.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

yeah basicaly i want to pass in the url of the current document but also I need to make a few changes i.e in the example above the page loads with the date 05/06/07 and I want the page to reload ontop of itself again using the _dopostback function but with the dates 08/08/08.
Hope this helps
Regards
Thanks for all the help.

Can't you parse that off server-side? IMHO, that would be a better place to do this.

It can certainly be done client-side, but server-side you could do more processing on it, if required.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back