Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9i, but now there is 10g

Status
Not open for further replies.

oraclejunior

Technical User
Jul 8, 2003
GB
Hello All,

I am currently prsuing the oracle 9i DBA OCA path, I have recently passed 007 (yipee), and am planning study for the fundamentals i course, as I have no practical experience via work I will be attending the 5 day instructor lead course and obtaining their reading material that I can practice. I will additionally be using the STS software to prepare for the exam.

But now I come to a confusing stage, say I successfully complete the OCA 9i cert and then 10g becomes the craze, is there a time period that oracle give to the OCA's to convert or upgrade to 10g? or do I have to do it all over again for 10g?

Feedback will be much appreciated

Nick

Oraclejunior,

10g certs won't start until next summer (for what I have heard from friends inside Oracle U), so not to worry. You are fine taking the path you are in.

Good luck with the rest of your 9i cert testing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back