Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

997s

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciscouser3

Technical User
Jan 7, 2003
US
Still researching and learning about the EDI process in particular 820s. I curious about the 997 acknowledgement notice. Does this get sent by a VAN when a 820 is in my mailbox or do I have to create a 997 from my end to send out?

That can be done either way. Where I use to work we let the VAN create them for us, however where I am employed now we create our own. It's more of an expense issue, they were charging us for creating them plus the only thing their 997 did was inform the end use that they received the file not us. If you have a way of creating them yourself I think you are better off, but that is just my opinion.

I'm assuming this is for ACH/EFT payments...

We send 820's to our bank via VAN. I would recommend that you get the 997's from the bank. This way you know the bank recieved the file and if there were any errors with the standards. HOWEVER, there is still an 824 from ACH that you should also recieved that lets you know that ACH department recieved the file and processed all the payments.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.