Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

986 does not work on externally made call from MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephoneboy

Technical User
Dec 24, 2002
US
I have a customer who has a MICS 7.0 - 1 pri with a call pilot 150. When they make a call to make appointments with clients they Pick up phone they dial 8 they get second dial tone they call the client. If the client asked to be tranferedto some ones voice mail, they do a f986 dial the extension it comes up with directory info no matter what mail box u use. If the client actuallys calls in thru the pri and they do f986 call goes to mailbox as advertized. Any thought about this. Thank you ahead of time.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Hmmm...that could be any number of things but I would suspect either a Call Pilot software glitch (which might be remedied with a complete reconfig & reinstall) or it could also be one of those weird PRI related issues that can often be traced back to an improper MICS upgrade.

As I recall, if you don't have a release 2 or higher NVRAM pack in ANY MICS system with PRI, it can create a nasty little assortment of oddball software problems that often appear to have little to do with typical PRI related issues. I think that's the first thing I would check for and then let us know what you found. If it's a release 1 NVRAM pack, don't even waste your time doing anymore troubleshooting until you're up to spec first.

Phonehed in Dallas

I would suspect a second Intercom button, especially since you're using intercom to dial out.

Okay guys,

I just loged in added a third intercom. still does the same.

I also figured out that if I tranfer the call to voice mail port (400) the party I called dial my phone extension back. I answer the call then do f986 and it works fine. Wierd.

Phonehed in Dallas
Siad - "if you don't have a release 2 or higher NVRAM pack in ANY MICS system with PRI" What does that mean how do I fine that at? The software is SP30DEC12 NAT. Thank you

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Okay folks one more item. If I park the call (feature74) Then pick it back up intercom 101. I can then use feature 986 with no probelm. So while this does not fix the issue it gives me a work around. Just wanted to let you guys know. Thank you.

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Hi Curly,

The problem from the beginning is out bound calls will not work with feature 986. I can cionfirm that every time. Thanks

Sincerely, thephoneboy

Sorry I meant other posters here, to verify that indeed F986 is supported on outbound calls.

For you though what happens if you call somebody internal and try to F986?

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I'm with curly, can someone else confirm that you can or can not use F986 with an OUTBOUND call.

i have a mics 7.0 with nam 4.1 copper trks and outbound calls can use f986
sorry don't have pri to test that here

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I have mics 7.0 With Pri and call pilot. Feature 986 Does indeed work with outbound calls.

Thanks guys.

Maybe start with the easy stuff like remove feature codes for vmail and reboot. Upgrade CP if not 3.1.
Then do as Phonehed staes, btw the release of the NVRAM is the cartrige that holds the softeware and should have a sticker on it.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Here is a clip from my thread 799-148099 about this.

These are my findings from experimnenting with different systems/software:

Outbound call via PRI T1 can not do a F986 transfer
Outbound call via POTS line on the same exact system as above can do a F986 transfer.
Outbound call via Non-PRI T1 can do a F986 transfer
Outbound call via POTS line can do a F986 transfer
Inbound call can do a F986 transfer
It is only outbound via PRI that does not function.

I'd think if they had a rel 1 nvram at 7.0 they'd have a lot more trouble than f986 not working.

I do remember a customer having a similar issue on older sw with a PRI. At the time, Nortel told us it won't work. Software design. Since then we've upgraded them, and it is working on outbound calls.

Sorry, I don't remember the release. It's been quite a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back