Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

9840C error code

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerry2231

Technical User
Jul 14, 2011
CA
We just received and installed a couple of hand-me-down 9840 drives from a sister Data Centre. One works fine, but the other will not come online and has an error code in the drive display.

i.e. 2C11:Dmp1

We have no manuals. I'm wondering if someone could give me a hint, or point me to an online source where I could look up errors.

The error calls out a tape mark not found when performing a backward space file command. If the error is blinking on the op panel, it is only indicating there is (1)dump saved in the memory, and not an actual hardware failure. Make the device offline, and go to the DRV menu. select make dump tape. load a scratch tape and it should eject when completed. You will have to go through the "make dmp tape" process again, this time loading the new "dump tape". This should remove the dump from the drive. You can now keep this tape a dump tape, or run the "make data tape" command and it can be used as a scratch tape again.

Andy

Thank You TekAndy.

I found a manual online and went through the process of formatting a diagnostic dump tape and wrote the dump to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back