Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

#9815 paging or 799 intercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubilly

MIS
Sep 10, 2002
US
Is there anyway to access from outside the company to use
the paging(#9815) or the intercom(799)?
Also, is it possible to change 7 to a * to get to the intuity voicemail?

You really do not want to access paging from outside.

The only times I have done this resulted in a loud and very unpleasent noise throughout the entire building.

NOT GOOD !

Voice mail? What are you trying to do?

If you land in a mail box, you should be able to * 7 to get in....

Will you let me know how it is being done with #9815 and 799. I would like to test it.
In regards to changing from 7 to *, so I can make use of 7 for other submenu selections with AA.
Thanks for your quick response.

Unless you have extenions renumbered in the Merlin that start with 7, go ahead and use 7 in the audix.

franke

#9 is PICK UP - 815 is probably the LINE PORT your EXTERNAL PAGING system is connected to.

Thus, #9815 is PICK UP PAGING PORT -

You can also Assign that line 815 to a button on a phone and just access it directly.

799 is the DEFAULT GROUP PAGE ALL Extension.

In MAGIX R3 you can have EXTENAL paging and other GROUP PAGE ZONES tied together.

yes, 815 is the line port for external paging system.
Instead of assigning to a button, can I assign as an
extension?

will it be possible for me to program an extension to use
as an alternate GROUP PAGE ALL extension. So when I am remote and I can call this particular extension and make
the announcement and likewise a different ext. for external paging.

Is it possible?

Not really. A LINE is a LINE and an Extension is an extension.

You could play around with remote access.

BUT YOU WILL HAVE A BAD FEEDBACK PROBLEM as I mentioned in my first post.

The short answear to your question is, no, you cannot access paging outside the system. You would have to extend a system extension (OP) to your remote site or use a seperate paging interface that allows access.

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back