Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

98 Freezes before Desktop with Dual Boot 2Kpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthyCherry

Technical User
Aug 21, 2002
CA
I made a partition and 2Kpro install along side my existing 98SE OS, and I had some problems with the anivirus prog PC-Cillin (on the 2K OS) but when I tried to uninstall it, the wizard was intrupted and the uninstall didn't take. Since then I haven't been able to boot to 98. It locks up at user logon or if it gets past that, freezes at my desktop. Freezes trying to boot in Safe Mode at the dialog box stating that Safe Mode had been chosen.
Scanreg from the 98 floppy doesn't run either!
I tried to reinstall Win98 and that froze up too...

Ack!

You can even boot off a startup disk?? 'A world without donuts is like a donut without a hole.......wait that would mean more donut! I'm a Genius' Homer Simpson

Oh I can boot from my 98 floppy to a: drive. scanreg won't run however. Don't know why.
a:scanreg \fix
a:scanreg \opt
Those are the commands I know and I got back something about cdr101 not ready to read. I even tried the commands from c: drive. Grasping at straws really.
From the floppy I tried to to a setup of win98 and after it checked the c: drive it froze up on me on the first (blue windows) page where it says it's going to start copying the necessary files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back