Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

98 BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbholt73

Technical User
Sep 27, 2002
US
Hello there. I am trying to upgrade my Windows 98S to Windows 2000 Prof. Everytime I try to do this, I get "ACPI BIOS not fully compatible" I have gone to the HP website, but din't find any BIOS upgrades. Any ideals on how to solve this problem?

HP Pavillion 8660c
Pentium 3
800 Processor
512 Ram

Thanks in advanced for any help.

You have to "enable" the ACPI in the BIOS setup (it should say how to in the mobo manual).

micker377

I checked my BIOS setup, but there is nothing in my BIOS for me to "enable" ACPI

1stITMAN

In my power options I don't have Hibernate, APM, or UPS

OK - if it's not in the BIOS, you'll have to follow the site luisted by 1stITMAN

This link, Understanding ACPI, may be of assistance to you:

You will have to identify your motherboard and BIOS to get an upgrade. If you do not have it, there are several free downloads available.

Here are a couple of links that may help:

IMHO — To upgrade to WIN2K the BIOS should be upgraded. When you locate the required upgrade, follow instructions carefully. Win2K pushes the NTFS file system, but I didn't care for that system; FAT32, as always, works just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back